|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: Rocky Marciano
- Title Page Character(s): Makunouchi Ippo, Sendou Takeshi
The entire audience at the Osaka Furitsu Gymnasium is in shock at the sight of Sendou lying on the canvas. The referee counts, but Sendou does not react until the count of six. With much struggle, Sendou gets up, and motivated by the cheers of the people, he continues fighting. Due to his shaky legs, Sendou nearly falls from a jab, and leans on the ropes to fight from that position. Ippo is ready to finish the fight, but Sendou clinches, switches positions, and pushes Ippo to the ropes. Sendou is so exhausted that he nearly falls from the power of his own punch. His determination however, is stronger than ever.