|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: Saeki Takuma
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: Terry Norris, Pernell Whitaker
- Title Page Character(s): None
Fujii and his partner, arrive at the Nakadai Boxing Gym to see Saeki sparring with Date. As they spar, Okita notes how Saeki's stance allows him to move in and quickly retreat, which is why he is called the "speed star". When the match is over, Date is annoyed he could not land a single hit on Saeki and wonders how Ippo will do against him.
While drawing diagrams for the fight, Ippo sees Kimura shadowboxing to Michael Jackson and asks him what the worst opponent for a an out boxer like himself is. Kimura responds that it is someone with better foot work, after which Ippo tries to get used to the rhythm and improve his footwork.