|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: None
- Title Page Character(s): Makunouchi Ippo, Takamura Mamoru, Aoki Masaru, Kimura Tatsuya
On the final day of the training camp, all boxers are completely exhausted, with the exception of Takamura, who claims to have risen to perfection and being capable of defeating a bear. He states there is no longer a human who can defeat him and that he will bring bear meat for the night.
Meanwhile, Ippo who is told by Kamogawa (as a form of motivation) that he does not have enough strength to beat Sendou yet, is to keep cutting wood. A frustrated Ippo struggles to do a perfect cut like Nekota, but the latter just tells him how much he has improved. Noticing the similarity in between his rivalry with Sendou and Kamogawa's with Nekota, Ippo and the latter begin talking about the feeling of facing an opponent for the second time.
Elsewhere, Takamura is going for his final jogging, but as mentioned by Yagi and Shinoda, he does not take the bell with him. Disappointed at the fact that he will not have the chance to defeat the bear and become legendary, he is surprised to see the bear is actually in front of him. Having no other option than fighting, Takamura is in shock at the bear's size when it stands.
- The characteristic glow that represents the "fighting spirit" in the eyes of fighters is first depicted in this chapter.