Founded by Kamogawa Genji years after his retirement, the gym is two stories with a basement. The first floor and basement serve as training areas while the second floor contains Kamogawa's office. Both the first floor and basement also contain boxing rings in them.
By the start of the series, the gym had produced two Japanese champions and one OPBF champion (Miyata Senior). At present, one member holds a championship: Takamura Mamoru (WBC & WBA Middleweight). Previously Makunouchi Ippo was the JBC Featherweight champion.It is a highly respected gym and has become well known for its strict training. At present, there are roughly 20-30 members of the gym. Nekota Ginpachi once served as a volunteer trainer during a 3 week period.
- Miyata Senior (trainer; now affiliated with Kawahara Boxing Gym)
- Umezawa Masahiko (merchandise designing; now an assistant manga artist)
- Nekota Ginpachi (has helped out as a trainer from time to time.)
- Takamura Mamoru
- Aoki Masaru
- Kimura Tatsuya
- Makunouchi Ippo
- Itagaki Manabu
- Akamatsu Isamu
- Kizakura Hiroshi
- Baron Kurita (currently a free trainer)
- Miyata Ichirou (now affiliated with Kawahara Boxing Gym)
- Yamada Naomichi (now affiliated with Hachinohe Boxing Group)
- Otowa coach (who wears sunglasses and was seen as a second for Miyata's father, during the match with Randy Boy Sr.)
- Team Itagaki were members for 6 months but quit after failing their Pro Exam.
- The brand of boxing gear officially used by the Kamogawa crew is called "Winning" gear, which is a real-life brand of boxing gear. The difference is that the two blue lines and red triangle logo on a Winning glove are reversed, to avoid copyright infringement.
- After defeat Bryan Hawk, Takamura had a Bronze Statue made of himself that was later put on the roof of Kamogawa Boxing Gym.
- Itagaki mention in Round 794, the reason why Kamogawa Boxing Gym doesn't get a lot of new members is because of the Hellish Training that Takamura, Aoki, and Kimura put them through. Even Ippo's (unintentionally) scares away new member when they see him working out.
- Sometimes Kamogawa Boxing Gym has a training camp inorder prepare for an upcoming fight. In the past, they had a training camp at the Beach, and in the mountains at Pension Yoshio.
- When Ippo fought in Osaka in the Rookie King Finals against Sendo, he stayed at Ishino Boxing Gym
- The Gym's look from outside differs in the manga and anime versions.