|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: Tsuyoshi Hamada
- Title Page Character(s): Takamura Mamoru, Kimura Tatsuya, Aoki Masaru, Makunouchi Ippo
After checking Ippo's lower leg strength, the coach tells him to squat and quickly get up while throwing his hands in the air almost leaving the ground two hundred times. Irritated by the words of Ramuda, Kamogawa tells Ippo that to perform the new move, he must have gazelle muscles.
Takamura, Aoki and Kimura go visit Ippo, and his mother tells them that he is at a swim club. They find him doing squats in the water and he explains that swimmers have the strong legs he needs. Aoki and Kimura join the training, but are unable to keep up with the resistance from the water after a few minutes. They are surprised that Ippo has been doing it for a week, blindly trusting the coach without knowing what the actual move is.