|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: None
- Title Page Character(s): None
After failing to convince Ippo to fight, Sendou accompanies him in his road work routine where he once again attempts to convince Ippo. They begin to talk about boxing, and Sendo states that to find someone strong and prove his superiority in the ring is the best thing abut being a boxer. Ippo realizes just how much Sendou loves the sport as the latter finally accepts that the fight will not happen.
After arriving at the gym and taking a shower, Sendou remembers he has no money to get back home, so he spends the night at the gym.
Later that night, at home Ippo is reading articles about Sendou, and notices that not only they both won the tournaments, but got the same award, and even have the same record and fighting style. After this, Ippo begins to wonder how a fight between them would be.
- This chapter marks the beginning of Sendou's attitude toward his rivalry with Ippo, which becomes a recurring gag in the series.