|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: Smash
- Mentioned Boxers: Roberto Duran
- Title Page Character(s): None
When Kamogawa arrives at the gym, he tells Sendou that Ippo will not be fighting due to his injury, and gives him enough money to go back home. Yagi informs the crew that they will be looking fights for Takamura outside of Japan, as no one is willing to challenge him. Takamura exited about the news, decides to spar, but Aoki refuses. Seeing this, Sendou volunteers, despite people advising him otherwise.
They begin the spar and Takamura immediately overwhelms Sendou with ease. Sendou hits Takamura with an elbow, but after receiving a warning, he admits it was on purpose. Sendou whispers something to Takamura, who gets angry and retaliates. Sendou, knowing a normal attack will not connect on Takamura, unleashes his smash, landing a clean hit.
- The smash, which was previously only mentioned, is first executed in this chapter.