|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: None
- Title Page Character(s): None
With the amount of pressure the Dempsey roll puts on the body in exchange for devastating power, Dankichi assumes Ippo is using his very last attack. Hoping to stop it like he did the first time, Sanada rushes in and puts an end to the roll, but receives a body blow that breaks his ribs on the way in, as Ippo anticipated the attack. Sanada begins to fall, but Ippo does not allow it; he takes a low stance and throws his gazelle punch, sending Sanada up. Using the same combination he used to obtain the belt, he then initiates the roll for the final time and successfully connects the first hit, following with many more. Despite being the one on the offensive, Ippo is in as much pain as his opponent, and crumbles in the middle of the combination, ending the Dempsey roll. As Sanada survives the punishment, Ippo realizes that he has lost the fight.
- According to the trivia section of this chapter, George Morikawa originally intended to end the series at Ippo vs. Sendou 2.