|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: None
- Locations Introduced: None
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: Hiroyuki Ebihara, Tsuyoshi Hamada
- Title Page Character(s): Takamura Mamoru, Kamogawa Genji, Yagi Haruhiko
Upon the coach's arrival to the the gym, Ippo lets him know about Dr. Yamaguchi's plan, and begs him to let him fight Sendou in the All Japan Rookie King Tournament. After opposition about the fight, hesitation of the method, and warning him about the dangers of fighting while injured, the coach finally agrees. He tells Ippo to train, and he will decide if he fights or not, the day of the match.
The coach takes Ippo and Takamura out for training. With the possibility of both fighters having upcoming matches, the coach order stamina-improvement exercises. As they are training, Dr. Yamaguchi drops by notes that the training also improves back and shoulder muscles, which is the best thing for Ippo. Both the doctor and coach agree that unless Ippo is one hundred percent, he will not be able to fight.