|← Previous||Next →|
- Characters Introduced: Ishino Coach, Komori
- Locations Introduced: Ishino Boxing Gym, Osaka Furitsu Gymnasium
- Techniques Introduced: None
- Mentioned Boxers: Jiro Watanabe Takuya Muguruma Hiroki Ioka
- Title Page Character(s): None
Arriving at Osaka, Kamogawa and his crew head to their gym's sister gym; Ishino Boxing Gym. There, they are greeted by its trainer, who introduces them to Komori, a lightweight eight round boxer who will be sparring with Ippo.
As soon as the match begins, Ippo dominates Komori with only his jabs. Surprised, Komori backs up against the ropes and receives a double left. As Ippo prepares to launch his straight, he feels insecure about the injury and stops midway, allowing Komori to attack. They continue sparring but Ippo repeats his mistake twice more and the Ishino trainer stops the match.
Realizing the new obstacle before the bout, Kamogawa and Takamura wonder if it can be fixed in only two days. Ippo unable to unleash his power due to his subconscious despite being healed becomes frustrated.